Rothamsted Park

The park was formerly part of the Manor of Rothamsted, owned by Sir John Lawes. He initiated agricultural experiments in 1843, which led to the founding of the nearby Rothamsted Experimental Station. He also created the formal entrance from Leyton Road to what is now the Park and planted the avenue of Lime trees in 1931.  Seven years later the Harpenden Urban District Council purchased the land now known as Rothamsted Park from the Experimental Station, in order to provide playing fields and to preserve an important open space.

Harpo Ponds and Rothy Park 003.JPG

SOLD

Harpo Ponds and Rothy Park 001.JPG

SOLD

Avenue of Trees 3.jpg

SOLD

Harpo Ponds and Rothy Park 008.JPG
avenue of trees.jpeg

SOLD

Avenue of Trees - 25th September.jpg

SOLD

Harpo Ponds and Rothy Park 010.JPG

SOLD